Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Long break

So I took a long break.

Now I have an organized and already messy again craft room. The sewing machine has it's own desk and is not piled under things. The result ... sewing!

The stroller is a garage sale find both kids LOVE! but one of the top straps was broken, the seat kept falling off the frame and it was torn in a few places. And it was ugly.
The fabric is from Ikea, the idea from Pintrest and it took me about an hour, including figuring out the pattern. I added snaps to the top straps, snap straps under the seat, french seams and reinforcement patches at the bottom of the seat.

 Bee's tunic/pinafore was a pants/jumper/overalls thing I got for a song at a thrift sale.  The fabric is pretty and good quality, but the style was not me. So I chopped off the legs. I was going to leave it at that, but the gathered bottom of the pants reminded me of gathered pockets. So I chopped them off, sewed them to the sides and hemmed everything. Too short for a dress, it catches most of her mess and looks cute.


Monkey's back to school T-shirt. He is really into robots (Halloween costume to come). I found a few images on pintrest then doodled a few robots while watching Doctor Who (for inspiration). Traced in onto freezer paper, ironed, painted, dried, ironed. Finished the good Doctor and then Monkey came home and suggested buttons.



No comments:

Post a Comment