Monday, April 7, 2014

KCW Day One: A Bandana Ice Cream Top

 
Kids Cloths Week is a challenge to get out of Pintrest and sew. For one hour a day for a week.  
Which is great because I have an awful lot of pins on Pinterest (I am here) and a sewing machine that has not had thread in it since January when I finished the sewing for Disney blitz. 

So day one. I have had this fabric for almost a decade. It is a pair of Bandanas bough from MEC in Winnipeg to sew with. I had made it into a pillowcase style dress for Bee, but it was just not getting any love. I saw this bandana top on Pintrest and decided to make it as an Oliver +S ice cream top and make the most of the border. I love O+S patterns and this is a true favorite. Plus I am not spending any mone right now and I had everything in the craft room.

It took me around two hours, from ripping the old dress apart through taking the photos with a nursing break for Kitten and breaking up a cannibalistic fight between the big kids. So two Diegos, a Mr Rogers and half a Blues Clues. The bandana was on the smaller size and I just got the 6-12 month size out of it. I added French seams to the sides as always and the pattern already finished the yoke seam beautifully. I kept the bandana hem. The fabric does not have enough body and the notched neckline ended up collapsing, but that just makes it look wider. All it needs is a size label. The button is from my considerable vintage stash. 

The back just magically lined up with the yoke and body.



No comments:

Post a Comment