Saturday, April 12, 2014

KCW Six: Triumph of the Tutu

Day five was scrapped in favor of a nap. I regret nothing.
I did get the girls dressed in their whale skirts.
Some pensive shots.
And a blurry action shot.  They fit perfectly, with a little room to grow.

Today I fixed the tutu. I tried the fold over elastic version on Monkey and it was too big for even him. Here I sewed a new waistband on, then cut the old one off and finished the new. Nothing fancy. But it is a tutu for a two year old.

This one is fancy. I got the idea from Pintrest (here). I cut the tulle the long way so the salvage is in the waist band. It was folded once, I sewed the side seam and folded it again, so there are four layers making a pocket. gathered it, and stuffed 100 .5 inch pink pompoms and 50 .25 inch pink, purple and lavender ones in. Then stitched it to the waistband and finished. It is going to be part of Bee's birthday present.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment