Wednesday, April 9, 2014

KCW Day Three: Twirl some more

Another twirly skirt. The fabric is from the amazing garage sale stash. When we lived in Boston I was at a garage sale where a lady had reaized she was just not going to sew and was getting rid of 10 years of fabric. She had the yardage and project marked on most of it. She let me have as much as I could carry for $20. An olympic weight lifter could not have carried more home over two hills then I did. 
The same size, but with a larger gathered part of the waistband. I cut it with the salvage at the hem and inside the waist band so I had two fewer turns ups. I sewed the elastic in, then finished the waistband, which was fiddly and I will not do it that way again. It was all done in under an hour of work time. Or 1.5 Jake Pirates, a nurse, and a tanturm.

No comments:

Post a Comment